My "Pretty In Pig" palette knife painting looking very pretty @ the Paula White Diamond Gallery "Square Foot Show & Sale"
EXCITING NEWS!!! I am tickled pink to have my girlwiththecurlART hanging at The Adventure's Guild Cafe & Tavern. You have got to check out this new unique establishment in downtown Kitchener. A place where you can meet friends, play games & savour scrumptious food & beverages (Hello craft beers!). Cheers & creative love to you all ~ Tara
I was updating my website when I decided to take inventory of how many paintings I have sold since I finally came out of the "art closet" and launched my business girlwiththecurlART in 2012. To date, I have sold 34 paintings. I think that is a real blessing considering I am only able to do my art part-time.
There are many days that I sit at my challenging job in child welfare dreaming of painting & creating as an escape and sort of personal therapy. Art has kept me more grounded and happier than almost anything else.
I want to again thank you all so very much for your continued support and encouragement.
You all inspire me more than words can say.
Much love, Tara
This piece has been in the works since 2013. The layers were built up slowly over time. It was a very interesting journey, watching it evolve, both in texture & in color harmony.
I entitled this "Odyssey" and it is on 18x24 gallery wrapped canvas
For me it was an appropriate title because this was a long journey full of adventures.
1. I dream in color. I paint in color. I absolutely LOVE color.
2. The reflection in the mirror will probably never match what I feel on the inside. Age is just a number. I always sucked at math & now I know why.
3. I can open a really tight jar of pickles without help. D E T E R M I N A T I O N my friends. By all means ask for help when you need it, but believe YOU CAN DO IT on your own.
4. We are all connected. People come into your life at a certain time for a period of time. The amount of time is irrelevant…..we are all connected. Understand the reasons, see the joy and let go of the rest.
5. Everything old is new again. I rocked electric blue eyeliner in 2013 better than I did in 1988.
6. Our hearts were not actually designed to be pulled in too many directions. That flesh, spread too thin, hurts more souls than it helps. We must learn to preserve our lives, and make intentional breathing room. Especially for ourselves.
7. The world needs more love letters. Words do matter. I will never be able to control what other people say or do not say, but I can keep on writing love letters …..especially to myself. ♥
8. Actions matter. Trust what you are shown. Don’t keep wishing a rabbit will jump out of the hat when the hat has no rabbit hole. And remember you aren’t Alice in fucking Wonderland either.
9. Being her “Momma” is AMAZING. It just keeps getting better and better.
10. GO WITH THE FLOW…..in art, in life, in love.
FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!! I have been accepted to show my work at the UNITY Walls of Art Show on September 20th from 7-9. This happens to be my BIRTHDAY & I cant think of a better way to spend it than to be
surrounded by art that makes a difference in our world.
Love it ..... :) ♥
Hi there! My name is Tara Dickson and WELCOME to girlwiththecurl ART Blog. I am a self-taught artist who lives in Waterloo, ON, Canada. I believe that art can unite hearts, feed souls and stir minds to new heights. Join me in my journey. My hope is that my art will inspire your heart.